The latest release in The Royal Mint’s Shengxiao Collection is the Lunar Year of the Dog 2018. Combining centuries of Chinese tradition with British minting craftsmanship, the collection celebrates the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac, or Shengxiao, and their distinctive characteristics and qualities.
Continuing the success of The Shengxiao Collection, we are excited to reveal bullion coins featuring the fifth design by artist Wuon-Gean Ho. This one ounce gold bullion coin presents a new investment opportunity in this striking range.
- An exclusive bullion coin from The Royal Mint’s Shengxiao Collection
- Struck in .9999 fine gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- The fifth coin design in the Lunar series by UK-based artist Wuon-Gean Ho
- The number eight, believed to be lucky in Chinese culture, is incorporated in each mintage
- Features an obverse design by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen on UK coinage
- The obverse also features a new guilloche background design