Louisiana State Sales Tax Requirements for Bullion & Collectibles Industry
The State of Louisiana requires the collection of sales taxes on certain products sold by the Gold Financial Group and delivered to a Louisiana address. These taxes must be collected on (1) bullion products made of palladium or copper; (2) any coins made of copper or palladium, unless such coins are also numismatic coins; (3) any single sales transaction of numismatic coins if the total sale value is greater than $1,000; (4) accessory items; and (5) processed items.
The following definitions apply to products on which taxes must be collected in Louisiana:
- Bullion. Precious metal that is valued solely upon its precious metal content, whether in coin or ingot form.
- Coins. A coin made of gold, silver, or other metal which is or has been used as legal tender.
- Numismatic Coins. Coins which have an external value above and beyond the base value of the underlying precious metal, due to the item’s rarity, condition, age, or other external factor.
- Single Sales Transaction. Determined per invoice, and not on a line-item basis.
- Accessory Items. Items such as holders, tubes, coin flips, and apparel.
- Processed Items. Precious metals that have been processed by third parties into items that are valued on more than their precious metal content, such as statues or colorized coins.
Sales taxes in Louisiana are calculated at checkout on the Gold Financial Group website based on (1) the taxability of products sold by Gold Financial Group in Louisiana set forth above, and (2) the specific tax rates established by the taxing jurisdiction of the delivery address in Louisiana.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE IS NOT A COMPREHENSIVE DESCRIPTION OF SALES TAX LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA. IT IS ONLY INTENDED TO PROVIDE THE READER WITH A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THOSE SALES TAX LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA THAT RELATE TO THE READER’S TRANSACTIONS WITH GOLD FINANCIAL GROUP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESEARCH THE SALES TAX LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA, WE SUGGEST YOU VISIT THE LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE LOCATED AT HTTPS://REVENUE.LOUISIANA.GOV/.