The eighth release in the popular Queen's Beasts series by The Royal Mint features the White Lion of Mortimer in .9999 fine Gold.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRA's.
- Housed in protective packaging. Orders of 10 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 100 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (10 tubes per box).
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features the fierce White Lion of Mortimer, holding a shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Add the eight coin of this popular 10-coin series to your cart today!
When Her Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, the entrance to Westminster Abbey was guarded by ten fantastical creatures. The Queen’s Beasts were six-foot tall statues that symbolized the heritage and history Queen Elizabeth II inherited that day. These royal protectors have been brought to life in a collection named in their honor, which began in the year The Queen became the world’s longest reigning living monarch.
The White Lion of Mortimer descended to the Queen through Edward IV. The shield shows a white rose encircled by a sun, known as "white rose en soleil". Both of these appear on the Great Seals of Edward IV and Richard III, and were used by George VI while Duke of York. The White Lion is uncrowned, unlike the Lion of England.