These magnificent Silver coins mark the first release of Perth's highly anticipated Lunar Series III. Celebrate the year 2020 and the first release in this series with this impressive 1 oz Silver coin!
These beautiful Silver coins celebrate the Year of the Mouse, the first animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, and are a part of the first release of Perth's Silver Lunar Series III. A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program.Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 typically come in sealed rolls.
- Limited mintage cap of 300,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Portrays two mice foraging on husks of corn. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "mouse", the inscription "MOUSE 2020" and The Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2020 reverse celebrates the Year of the Mouse. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar mouse in 2020, 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, and every 12th
preceding year are said to be smart, resourceful, adaptable and kind. Possessing a rich imagination and strong intuition, mice rely on quick wits and an enterprising nature to find opportunity for success in almost all endeavors.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!